24 August 2011

My birthday and an earthquake!

What a birthday I had!!!  Pretty quiet and unassuming until about 1:52pm....then the 5.8 earthquake hit!  It was centered in Mineral, VA, which is about halfway between Richmond and Charlottesville.  It was almost a record for VA.  Back in 1897, there was an earthquake that measured approximately 5.9, so no record.  So on my birthday, our world was rocking!!

I got the sweetest card from my middle daughter, M.  She wrote me a poem that made me cry (in a good way).  That was the only gift, so I ended up ordering myself an iPhone!!!  There was a sale, so I really saved money.  (That's my story and I'm sticking to it!)

I'm still praying for E constantly.  I hope that she is doing well.  I know there are difficult days, but I pray that GOD gives her the strength that she needs each day.  I pray that she is learning about GOD and herself.  We each must learn our own coping mechanisms for the things that occur in our lives...and I hope that is what she is doing.

No other really exciting news.  What can top an earthquake!?!  Around the house, there is still school work being done (since co-op started on Monday), and I am still cleaning out all the stuff that has built up in our house over the last several years.  It is so freeing to find new homes for all the stuff that has been hiding in closets, in cabinets, on shelves, etc.  I really hope that other people can use what I am getting rid of.  I'm donating some things to Goodwill, and other things I am trying to sell.  It is a good feeling to get rid of stuff that we are not using and haven't used in forever!

I can't remember if I mentioned before that I am going to train for a 5K this fall.  I would love to "run" (or jog) the whole thing, but we will see.  My friend, Pam, and I have a goal of doing it in 30 minutes.  Today we walked/jogged 1 & 1/2 miles in 20 minutes!  That was pretty awesome since it's only the second time we walked/jogged.

That's all I can think of today.  Blessings to you!!!
~Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment