15 August 2011

Day 5

In true form, I'm having trouble updating every day.  I want to write at night about what has occurred during the course of that day, however I end up going to bed because I'm exhausted!!  LOL

So Saturday was M's birthday.  We celebrated and enjoyed the day.  Sunday was church day.  We went to Sunday School and church service.  We saw friends who actually saw E on Saturday when the EATC girls were going door to door to raise funds for their Walk-a-Thon.  They saw her smile!!!  That is a great thing.  Believe me, I know harder days are coming (and may have already come), but a smile is something to write about!!!  I have missed E's smile and laugh for so long now...

Not sure how the days are going for E.  I had a friend (Rachel R.) text today saying that she and her family are on vacation, and the LORD woke her at 4 a.m. with "an overwhelming heaviness" for our family.  I wondered if E was struggling at that time?  The middle of the night is probably the most difficult time for E.  Thank you, LORD, for burdening the hearts of other faithful people to pray for my daughter and my family!!!  What a gift!!!  Thank you for obedient servants of the LORD who don't mind being inconvenienced (even while on vacation) to do what the LORD instructs them to do.  Prayer is powerful and must never be taken for granted.

So, today I have a thankful heart.  Help me, LORD, as I work through my issues on a daily basis, too.  Help me when fallen mankind is rude or harsh toward me.  May I, like Jesus, look at them and say,

“Father, forgive them, for they do not know what they are doing.” (Luke 23:34)


May your day be filled with blessings from the LORD.  But more importantly, may you see those blessings for just what they truly are!!

~Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment