12 August 2011

Day 2

It's been over 24 hours now.  It sort of seems like E might just be gone to work...for a long time.  I am beginning to feel myself relax slightly.  It is more difficult than I thought it would be though.  I have lived in a constant state of stress and anxiety for the last few years which makes change more challenging.  Perhaps each day will become easier for me.  I pray that each day will become easier for her as well.

I have thought of E often today.  Wondering how her first night was, how are mealtimes going, how is she getting along with the other girls and the staff.  E is such a sweet, kind, generous, giving young lady---unless she wants to act of her illness.  Then it is not so pretty.  I pray that the staff will be able to handle those trying times.  Those were the hardest for us at home.  My husband reacted with great anger toward her during those times, and I feared that he would hurt her sometimes.  I often felt deep fear toward her because of the depth drive to get to food.  I am sure that the staff is trained with how to handle those outbursts.  I am not trained, and I still don't know the proper things to do.

So as this day comes to a close, I ask the LORD to hold each of us in the palm of HIS hand.  Protect us and strengthen us as only YOU can, LORD.  I praise YOU, LORD, because YOU have the power and victory over this illness.  YOU are our healer and protector.  YOU and YOU alone can make each of us whole.  Please act in E's life to help her to see herself through only YOUR eyes....because ultimately those are the only eyes that matter.  I pray that for each member of my family.

Thank you, LORD, that you are already answering that prayer request!!!

~Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment