21 August 2011

10 days and she called!!!

I was so excited to receive a phone call from E tonight!!!  It was so good to hear her voice.  She actually sounded good and happy.  She said it had been tough, but she is doing okay.  It was only a five minute phone call, but it was good to hear from her.

Around here, we have had a busy weekend.  M had a friend (Lindsay) come over on Friday for a photo scavenger hunt at church, then a sleepover.  On Saturday morning, Lindsay headed home and M & I headed to a birthday party way across town (Tilly's party).  You know, I realized that if we didn't home school, then we would really only know people near us.  As it is, we know people from near and far!  We had 3 fun hours there with lots of pool time, cake, and gifts.  I enjoyed meeting some moms that I had never gotten to know before.  I met another mom with celiac disease.  I'll have to look into the difference between celiac and gluten sensitivity sometime.  Meanwhile, my husband took A to her soccer game (it's a tournament weekend).  After the party, M and I headed over for game #2 of the soccer day.  Finally, home, showers and bed.

Sunday, of course, is church day.  M and I worked in childcare for the early service, then Sunday school and church with Rick Via preaching.  Meanwhile, A and my husband were at an early soccer game before they came to late service.  The rest of our Sunday has been peaceful and quiet.

My highlight for the day was definitely hearing E's voice!!!  Thank you, LORD, for that gift on this Sabbath day.  Tomorrow home school co-op begins.  Busy day!

Watch for the LORD working in your life.  HE is there and HE is always working.  We must just be still and notice!

~Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment