18 August 2011

It's been a whole week

Hard to believe in one way, but feels like forever in another.  I was awake off and on all of last night, so I wonder if E was struggling.  I just continued to pray for her and those working with her throughout the night.  I have to remember that GOD is sovereign and He has placed her in this program for this time.  Things will be okay.

Life goes on here.  Everything has or will start back by next week.  A has started her travel soccer season and has a tournament this weekend.  M has had violin lessons all through the summer, so no real break there.  Co-op starts on Monday and then M's soccer (just the rec league) starts on Tuesday.  We still have a couple of other things that will start by mid-September, so we are kind of easing into our schedule.  It is good to keep busy and focused.  Keeps the mind working!

The other thing that is changing is my health.  I had to go gluten free 5 weeks ago because I was (finally) diagnosed with gluten sensitivity.  I'm sure that I have suffered with that for years....I wonder if it's been since childhood...  Anyway, taking all that gluten out has really made me feel so much better.  I have so much more energy and my thoughts and memory are clearer.  I play tennis on average twice a week throughout the summer---starting doing it last summer.  Well, let me just say that last summer after I played 2 hours of tennis, I had to come home and sleep for several hours.  I was exhausted!!!   That still persisted until just the last couple of weeks.  I had so much energy yesterday that I could have played for hours longer.  And after I came home, I cleaned, fixed dinner, read part of a book, did laundry, etc.  I never felt like I needed to rest.  Praise the LORD!!!  Is it difficult to take the bread, pasta, cake, cookies, etc. out of your diet???  Heck, yes!  But for the way I feel now, it would not be worth it to start eating it again.  I've even lost a few pounds without trying.  The first week gluten free I noticed that my bloated belly was starting to flatten---no weight loss at that time, but I felt thinner.  Now the pounds are starting to slowly drop off.  Another great thing to the gluten free diet, but not the reason I am doing it.

What's next for me?  Well, I have been wanting to do a 5K.  I'm not a runner, but it is just one of those things on my "bucket list."  I was just thinking I would go on Facebook on Saturday and see if anyone else was interested.  But I checked my e-mail first and a friend had sent me an e-mail to see if I was interested in doing a 5K.  I took that as a sign that the time was right.  I am going to start "training" (if you can call it that---going from couch potato status to actually moving around), and the end goal is the Drumstick Dash on Thanksgiving morning.  My friend has a goal of doing it in 30 minutes, so I am going to jump on board with her goal.  Sounds reasonable---10 minute mile for 3 miles.  I'll keep you posted.

I will end for today.  There are more thoughts swirling in my head, but I will share those another day.  Remember to watch for GOD's blessings every day!!  They are there if only we will look for them.

~Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment