16 August 2011

Day 6

Yesterday we received E's school schedule, and I realized something.  I felt strongly that GOD wanted us to put E into public school last year after having home schooled her for her entire life.  It was a very difficult thing to do, but a friend finally said to me, "If you feel that GOD told you to put her in school and you don't, what are you?"  My reply was...."disobedient".  I couldn't disobey what GOD told me to do, so off to school she went.  It was a big change for all of our lives.  And I had hoped that by being obedient, GOD would magically heal her.  That was not to be.  I was disappointed when the healing didn't happen and I questioned why we had to put E in school at all.  The other stressful thing that occurred was trying to get credit the subjects she had done while home schooling.  It took the entire school year plus some, but in the end we got all eleven credits that we requested.

Now, I think I might finally see why we had to go through that process.  Because of all the credits that she got last year, she only needs 2 core classes and some electives in order to graduate!!!  And the only real subject she has in English 12.  Otherwise, she has health and p.e., a life skills class, a theology class, and an interpersonal relationships class.  So her course load will not be overwhelming while she has to deal with her eating disorder.  GOD had it all planned.  I am so thankful that I was obedient to HIS leading about public school even though it was difficult.

I just wanted to praise HIM today as I realized the miraculous way that HE works!!!  May HE reveal amazing things to you as well.

Romans 8:28

New International Version (NIV)
 28 And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose. 

~Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment