02 January 2012

Happy New Year!

I hope that your year New Year has started off well.  Mine has.  I decided this year to NOT make resolutions.  Instead, I have made a list of goals for the New Year.  Here is what I see as the difference:

First, resolutions to me seem aimless...for example, a resolution might be "to lose weight".  But I am left wondering, "How will that be accomplished?"

Second, goals are exact...for example, I am planning to run (jog or walk) 365 miles this year.  I have chosen this as a goal because I just started running (intervals of jogging and walking really) this fall.  I trained with a group and we used a basic pattern of 2 miles 2 days a week and 3 miles one day a week.  That adds up to 7 miles a week (average of 1 mile a day).  I have struggled without the group to keep up with that pattern, so I thought that I needed to put it out there as a goal to achieve.  I will know if and when I have accomplished it.  It is definite.  I may find that keeping to that pattern helps me to get into better shape and I may even end up running more this year.  However, if I get to 365 miles, I have achieved my goal, and I have an idea of what I might make as my goal for the following year.  If I end up losing some needed weight in the process, then that is a bonus!  I will feel better just by having run either way.

So I'm posting my list below.  Enjoy!!  I'm off to start the New Year with a new me!

~Amy

Here is my 2012 List of Goals:

 1) Run (jog/walk) at least 365 miles this year
2) Start biking
3) Do a zip line
4) Learn to flat water kayak
5) Play USTA tournament tennis (doubles and singles)
6) Read through the entire Bible
7) Try 52 new recipes
8) See 12 movies in the theater
9) Read 12 books
10) Blog at least once a week

No comments:

Post a Comment